Online Business? Do you keep seeing people starting new online ventures and have been dreaming of starting one on your own?
Well, starting a business online has never been easier. All you need is a great idea, an internet connection, a website, and some courage.
So if I got your attention, let’s dig in.
Look at 5 Easy Steps To Approach Building an Online Business
- Come up with an idea
- Create a beautiful website
- Write copy that sells
- Create a marketing strategy.
- Make a profit
Step 1. Find your main online business idea.
Think of something that interests you, but at the same time, it can be profitable. It’s best to find a market that’s not overfilled, so there is enough room for your business to grow.
Here are some ideas, which don’t require significant investments and can be highly profitable in India.
Start writing a blog. Especially if you are good at writing, starting a blog is an effortless and rewarding activity. You can write about absolutely anything. But the unique content you make, the more readers you will get.
While writing a blog, your main goal should be attracting as many readers as possible because high traffic volume will determine how profitable your blog will be.
Once you have a blog and have generated a reader-base, you can implement Google AdSense, which will make you a passive income from running ads.
Affiliate marketing. Simply put, affiliate marketing is promoting certain organizations’ products and services with a referral code or a link and getting a commission in return.
Affiliate marketing and blogging can go very well hand in hand. You can do product reviews, place affiliate links, and attract many customers all in one website.
And if you already write a blog, you will appear knowledgeable and trustworthy. Therefore people will be convinced to buy products you are promoting.
Affiliate marketing is a very profitable business since, depending on the company, commissions can go up to 60% and more for each sale.
Dropshipping. Another great way to start a business investment free. Dropshipping is basically reselling goods for a higher price than you purchased.
Starting a dropshipping business is very easy. You just need to have an e-store, which will automate most of the tasks for you. So the only thing you will need to do is find products and place them in your store.
Web Development. If you are good at programming, this is definitely a way to go. You can start by creating a resume website about yourself and your experience skills and hunting for job offers.
Web development is one of the best paying jobs, so if you have the skills, you surely can have a thriving freelance business.
Online coaching. If you have a specific skill or talent, you could do online coaching.
Online coaching is gaining more and more popularity, especially in career coaching, finance consulting, legal, and marketing fields.
Your website should clearly state what kind of coaching you offer and what kind of help your clients should expect.
Best of all, all of those businesses will allow you to reach markets not only in India but also all over the world.
Step 2. Create a website
After you have figured out which online business is right for you, the next step is creating a website.
Building a website nowadays is very easy, and the only investments you’ll need are a web hosting plan and a domain.
The good news is that if you go with Hostinger, hosting prices will be very affordable. A single shared hosting plan starts at $0,99/month, and domains such as .com or .org will come at around $10 per year.
Step 3. Write copy that sells
Once you have your website set up, you’ll need to fill it up with content.
Regardless of what type of business you’ll be running, it’s essential to create engaging copy that would attract people to use your services or buy the product you’re selling.
Remember that your website should not be overloaded with content. People do not like going through a book’s worth of text on one website; however, all the important information should be easily accessible.
Here are some tips about writing content on your website:
- Get to know your customer and write to him, don’t use too many technical words if your reader cannot understand that. On the other hand, don’t be too casual if you sell professional services such as counseling.
- Use vivid language and help your customers understand why they should buy your product. Help them know what value your product will bring to them or what problem will it solve.
- Make your text scannable, outline essential details, and strategically place it where your customer could easily see it. Nobody is going to bother reading everything, so you want to make sure they notice the most important features.
Step 4. Create a marketing strategy
Just before launching your online business, you should come up with your marketing strategy.
The main goal of your website should be to attract as much traffic to your website as possible. That way, you’ll have conversions which will guarantee you, new customers.
Before you launch any campaign, you should do your research. What is your target audience? What do they like, where do they gather? Once you get to know your customer, you can start implementing your marketing campaign according to their needs.
Here are some things you can do:
- Implement website SEO. SEO means search engine optimization and will help your website appear higher in search engines such as Google. Don’t worry if you don’t immediately pop to the 1st place, though; implementing SEO is quite tricky and can take a lot of time.
- Place PPC ads on Google and Social media sites such as Facebook or Instagram. They are very useful since you can choose your target audience (add location, age group, etc.) to ensure you are gaining traffic that would easily convert.
- Use social media to spread the word about your business and gain new customers organically. Social media can be an excellent resource for new companies as it’s free and has millions of people gathering there every day.
- Come up with a content marketing strategy. Once you have people coming to your website, you can create a content strategy that would make people return to your website. It can be done in the form of a newsletter, e-books, blog, or anything else.
Step 5. Make a profit
Now, you have a plan and a website, you can start selling. Your profit depends on your product and how well you run your business, so make sure to put all your heart into it.
Don’t forget to spread the word about your new business to your friends and family; they might be your first customers! Good luck!